Annual Education Report
These reports contains the following information:Student Assessment Data–
Teacher Qualification Data
- Identifies the number and percentage of inexperienced teachers, principals, and other school leaders
- Reports teachers who are teaching with emergency or provisional credentials
- Includes teachers who are not teaching in the subject or field for which they are certified
Provides information on school quality, climate, and safety.
Review the table below listing our schools. For the 2017-18 school year, schools were identified using definitions and labels as required in the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). A Targeted Support and Improvement (TSI) school is one that has at least one underperforming student subgroup. An Additional Targeted Support (ATS) school is one that has three or more underperforming student subgroups. A Comprehensive Support and Improvement (CSI) school is one whose performance is in the lowest 5% of all schools in the state or has a graduation rate at or below 67%. Some schools are not identified with any of these labels. In these cases, no status label is given.
*Note that TSI and ATS definitions were changed for the 2018-19 school year per federal requirements. The new definitions are:
- TSI – The school has at least one subgroup performing in the bottom 25% within each applicable accountability index component.
- ATS – The school has met the criteria for TSI identification and has at least one subgroup performing at the same level as a CSI school.
Dexter Community Schools had a great year and will continue to work on behalf of our students. DCS has been implementing our Strategic Framework since 2015 and is committed to our vision – Champion Learning: Develop, Educate, and Inspire! As a result of this work and the support of our community, DCS students continue excel and engage with our community.
Thank you for a great year and Go Dreads!
Christopher Timmis, Ed.D.