Dexter High School offers a variety of athletic opportunities for male and female students. Each sport offered has it’s own site found under the “High School Sports” heading and also linked below. Contact information to coaches is found on each individual sport’s page.
It is recognized by the Board of Education that school athletics is a community resource, which can enhance individual self-esteem, mental alertness, school pride, and competitive spirit. The athletic program must reflect the excellence of the school district in spirit and practice. Therefore, the Board of Education supports an athletic program, which promotes and enhances the physical fitness of our youth through a wide variety of athletic opportunities.
The athletic program shall:
- Enhance team and individual “academic” achievement.
- Teach sport fundamentals and provide
opportunities for students to develop and improve their skill level.
- Promote the development of positive social relationships while emphasizing team unity.
- Assist students in reaching their potential in the development of the most important elements of life: mind, body, spirit, and respect of oneself and others.
- Employ knowledgeable, ethical, and dedicated coaches who will be monitored and evaluated by the Athletic Director.
- Provide educational opportunities in physical conditioning, proper nutrition, self-esteem, and an environment free of
- Stress healthful, spirited competition and sportsmanship
- Provide a certified trainer and quality facilities to ensure the safety of the students.
- Provide strong interscholastic programs, which will allow for diverse participation.
- Be governed by Athletic Department written policies, procedures, and guiding principles.
*Revised spring of 2002 — Athletic Advisory Council. Approved by the Dexter Community Schools Board of Education